Monday, June 2, 2008

I heart vintage


Etsy today had a fun interview post for vintage buyers. Oh vintage how I heart you, it all started at Shirley's Estate Sales when I was a child. Thanks mom all the junk in my house is as a result of my childhood, can you tell that to my brother? It's not my fault.

1. How did you get into vintage?
Since I was a child I've accompanied my mom to estate sales. She collected linens (which she then incorporated into her pillow designs), buttons, sewing notions, graniteware, doll clothes...the list is too long. As a child I collected vintage jewelry and prized a collection I'd received from my mom's friend Millie. Since then I've collected vintage and antiques.

2. What is you favorite part of vintage?
Thinking about the item in it's day. Where did the person where this dress or what was going on when this picture was taken. Beyond all vintage addictions I treasure the old photos I've collected, my heart goes out to the memories tossed in a box. The eyes in the picture beg me to buy them and find a new home.

3. Do you collect or wear vintage?
Both, I usually only wear vintage jewelry. Unfortunately the dresses are rarely my size, if so I'd be decked head to toe in vintage. I collect vintage fabric, feedsack variety, just learning how to hand quilt the grandmother's flower garden pattern, more about this later.

4. Are you a buyer or seller or both?
Both - I've developed an eye for vintage and sell items that I don't collect. Sometimes I update my collection and get rid of vintage items I'm tired of seeing laying around my place. My sister and I junk on the weekends to find new stashes.

1 comment:

Christi said...

No the kitty pic isn't Lucky, it's an old picture I found. Eerily it looks exactly like the Luckster.